1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Blade??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by KubotaJr, Jan 20, 2009.

1. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I offer a guy 1800 for a 7' 6" MM2 hd, its only 1 yr old. I am switching from Curtis to Fisher and will be installing it this week. My question is should i get an 8ft or a 7.5 ft blade? I only do driveways and 1 small lot.

Thanks

2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

i think youd like an 8' much better, the extra does help

i ran a 7-6 last year, went to an 8 this year and like it a lot better, less snow falling into the tires path, it helps me do a cleaner job

Good luck!

-Nick

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you'll get by with the 7'6" but the 8 is much better with the plow angled

4. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

I think i will get the 7' 6" so i can get by the rest of the season. Then maybe I can get an 8ft X blade like Nick did?

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

hmmm ok get the 7'6" for now but if youre getting an xblade im gonna have to get the xls and a second truck lol

6. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Yeah i think i could get by this year with a 7' 6''. xls would be sweet

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Do it :drinkup: the 7'-6" will get you by for the year...then get the X-Blade, it would look awesome on your truck!

8. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Im going to do it. Then ill most defiantly get the X blade next year. Thanks Nick it looks sick on your truck!

9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Thanks man, i think youll like the Fisher, the stainless will look fricken awesome with your two-tone! :drinkup:

10. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

The curtis just wasnt doing justice, its pretty much junk in my opinion. My buddies father can install it for me Friday night, so i will defiantly post pics. But yeah the X blade would look pretty sweet with the two tone and the silver lettering im going to do on the doors.

11. ColliganLands

then you need commercial plates!!!
    sorry i want the xblade so you cant have it unless i get the xls

12. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

you wont do it, you wont buy an XLS

:D

13. ColliganLands

haha i want to next year i have some big plans so hoepfully the landscaping goes well this year

14. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Thanks guys bed time for me, classes started today.

15. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I just got my new F-250 w/ the XLS on new years eve. It was snowing at the dealership when I picked it up, and I feel like I have not stopped plowing since. I have 120 hours on the truck already, its 3 weeks old tomorrow. It is by far the coolest plow out there. One of my guys left a huge pile on a dead end street. The town called us today to move the pile, so naturally I rushed right over there fearing the worst. I arrived to find Cop with flashing lights, town backhoe, town dump / spreader, town DPW foreman. (Remeber dead end street) Obviously I was thinking a fine would be attached. They were all nice guys and when I told them I would take care of the pile & they could take off a few of them were laughing. After they saw my first push brought more snow down to the end of the street then the 410 John Deere backhoe did, they got out of there trucks to take a look at my new plow, I love showing it, it always turns heads, so of course I had to show it off even more. But the plow is amazing. I don't think I will ever by a staright blade again. The plow no longer looks three weeks old, in fact all the stickers have fallen off, (just as well I think those arrows look stupid) but the paint still looks good. I think there is no snow until Tuesday around here so maybe I will be able to install some of my essentials, lights, boxes etc. Btw Colligan thanks again for turning me onto Blue Magic, he saved me over 300.00 on my boxes alone. I was able to cancel one I ordered elsewhere (for $100.00 more) ended up getting all three from him plus some other small toys. One of which is a nice fold away step for the side of the bed, nice guy to deal with too. Blew $900.00 he needs a web site bc his prices are so good.

16. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Just got home with the push plates wiring harness, and all the hardware. Picked up everything for $500 and its in excellent shape.

17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Whats wrong with the curtis?

18. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Worn out, motor went, a few welds broke, and very slow. I have always wanted a fisher and now i can finally afford one. I sold the Curtis for 500 and i just listed the truck side stuff for sale.

19. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I would go for the 8, what guy can say NO to a couple more inches?

20. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I would too....last storm i was having what i thought was plow issues, so i ditched my 8 footer and picked up the 7'6"er at my dads office....no question about it, the 8 footer is SO much more productive even though its' only 6 inches wider