1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which blade to buy for my Chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DuramaxPowered, Oct 12, 2005.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I'm going to get a blade installed onto my 2002 chevy 2500hd duramax/allison crew cab shortbed 4x4. I want to do driveways,parking lots, and a county airport. What do you recommend? v blade or straigght? What brand and how big? My front axle is 4670#. I'm not sure how much weight it can handle. I heard alot of different things. Can you steer me straight? Thanks
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are in a tight areas, a v-plow may be better. You have to decied if it worth the extra$$. I have a 8' straight blade on my truck and have had great luck with it. Now, since you have a diesel I would go up to a 9' WESTERN pro if you could. At minimum a 8'2" v-plow just to cover the front end in the V position. As far as brands go...get something that will have parts and warranty work close to you, you don't want to drive 2 hours in a snowstorm for a part "just because I wanted a XXXXXX plow" Hope this helps:waving:
  3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

first see the post about no plows for a duramax recently posted

Second A blizzard 810 or a fisher or western V. JMO

You are going to have to run a **** ton of ballast behind the rear wheels

When you say 4670# front end you mean thats what it weights right? I didnt think a duramax came with a front end other than the 4800# FAWR
  4. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

4670# front end axle rating is what is on the sticker on the door.