1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which blade carries more snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elite1msmith, Sep 11, 2008.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

since the introduction of the blizzard, and others soon to follow

which blade can carry and move more snow around a parking lot.... im talking relocation, or pushing straight to places....

a vee blade, or an "expandable/revolution" ? please keep in mind, im trying to keep a fair idea, so exclude those nice wings Toby , and lets talk about blades that are approx, the same size....

i think the blizzard in scoop mode is like 9'6"? so a compairable Vee blade? which moves more?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

From what i've seen, the Blizzard. Coming from a guys with Western V Blades exclusively. I personally still dont like the Blizzard, but the concept is great,

I once turned the V into a J-I can only imaging what letter I can turn that new Snoway into.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Expandable wing will contain more snow than a V by far... :salute:

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The new Mega Blades from Sno-Way can carry 5.4 yards :dizzy: That is a ridiculous amount of snow.

5. elite1msmith

from chicago

and we are talking the same size blade 9 foot or bigger?

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

yes with wings im sure... but i could put wings on anything....

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig! :p

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hahaha! Good one :drinkup:

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here Timmy Timmy :D

[​IMG]

10. elite1msmith

from chicago

haha , so toby , tell us...with no wings which holds more ur v?ee or ur rev?

11. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The Revolution :nod:

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5.4 yards is a scary amount of snow, that converts to 1091 gallons, or in water terms 9120lbs. Scarier still that number is based on struck volume so there is the potential to be much more:nod:

I realize snow is not equal weight to water but even 7,500 lbs is a lot to push around, you need a truck with a lot of a$$ and macho powerwesport and again consider how much beyond struck you could be trying to slide and WOW:dizzy:.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Agree, thats a sizable amount of snow capacity for a truck mounted plow in comparison to a V.

Isn't a pickup mounted V out there that will carry more than 3 yards max without wings.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah, I don't think a standard pick up and this blade are a good match.:nono:

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

But it'll be attempted. wesport

16. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

and i herd that the toyota tundra was just the rig to do it too wesport ......it is a3/4 ton you know :rolleyes: lol

i vote for the 86-11 with 3 set's of wing's....no?....well then the MEGA-BLADE is the top dog now :nod:

PJ

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wonder who'll try it first:rolleyes:

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I like to think that I know. ;)

19. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

If your objective is to move as much snow as you can in one push, then put wings on a V-blade,.. then you'll beat all the expandables, plus have the versatility of the V, plus the highest stacking ability, but you may bite off more than you can chew (or move) ;):D:salute:

Right-side scoop profile (Custom).JPG

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't get much more versitale than wings on a V...but this is a "no wings allowed" discussion. :)