1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which beacon strobe to buy mag and perm. needed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by andrewlawnrangr, Jan 1, 2011.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

looking for two beacons one for a skid steer with the magnetic mount, with cig plug. the other for a tractor perm. mount with pipe threds. also have a cig plug.. a little help like the strobe over the rotator

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sirennet.com or a&w direct has them.

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I myself like rotaters, I wound pick the style that you like and can afford, good luck.

4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

I use whelen 2022 or nova sb4000 strobes for most of our trucks and equipment. they have a poly base with the threads in it, and they both can come with the mag/cig kit. I feel for the high output very visible day and night, that the price is right. usually about $100 for a magnet mount one.

I've ordered alot from strobes n more this year. And for PA, you'll have it in 2 days. also, if you just need a cig outlet, radio shack has them on the shelf for $7, with a built in switch and replaceable 10amp fuse. over the past few years we have trashed the oem plugs, and I replaced them with these, and they last longer since you constantly don't have to push in and pull out the plug.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have a closeout on the Whelen 2025s which we have in both magnetic and permanent with either the tall/high or low lens. Nova stopped making the SB4000 series but I also have those on the shelf and can give you a really good deal on 2 as we have a dozen left so I took them off the site. I have both perm and mag with the high/tall or low lens. Give me a call in the AM and ill definitely give you a deal. Louis