1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which aftermarket plow lights to buy?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snow Commandor, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I've been considering replacing my old style Fisher plow lights with a pair of aftermarket high performance lights. I've had my eyes on a few different sets that I see listed on EBay. Any suggestions?
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I think they all pretty much suck, so I'd personally stick with OEM. Which aftermarket ones are you considering? I'd be curious to see the "high performance" lights.
  3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I say just stay with what you have and get an led light bar/ mount it to the front of your snow plow.
  4. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

this is your best option.

if you want to stay original, I have a really nice set listed for sale here:

I don't know the style you are after, but these are original douglas dynamic units used from the factory on a minute mount 1 and early minute mount 2.

i'll sell the pair along with factory wiring for $125 if interested. you wouldn't need the brackets listed in the ad as those are for a western plow.
  6. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I love my new style hiniker lights. They are so bright and high beams work awesome. Only downfall is changing the bulbs is extremely hard to do.
  7. 99LsSilverado

99LsSilverado Junior Member

8. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Thanks for the offer but I'm really just looking to upgrade to some newer style lights & get away from the sealed beam units.