1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLI, Jan 4, 2003.

1. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Nothing but rain in Boston! Everyone else is getting a foot outside the city:(

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I feel your pain :realmad: . 2 inches of slush here.

BTW are you Milloy landscaping in Roslindale?
  3. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Started early Friday morning, finally stopped at 7:00 am this morning (Saturday)

We had about an 1-1/2" - 2" of snow, sleet, freezing rain and then rain and then some more sleet and snow.

This was the longest "almost non plow event" I ever experienced.

I would rather have a foot of snow than this rain/sleet/freezing precip/snow anytime.
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just stopped by the house after my first run. Getting ready to head out again. It's supposed to stop tomorrow.

This after 14" on the 26th. Then, supposed to get hit again Tuesday. Maybe it'll make up for the last two winters.
  5. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

so far this season I have 3 hours of driving and no hours on my personal accounts not a bad profit for the season so far $36 :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:
  6. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

I am a litte better than $36 for the season, but still waiting to get paid by one contractor....

But this last storm was not good by the coast as Mr. Curtis said...
    I did ask one customer about cutting their lawn... telling her that is was a little discolored...

... now if I can find a sucker to say yes I can make a little money.....

Pete :waving:
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Just got in. got about 6-10 inches at the places i plow. heres a few action shots i took.....

piles 7 eleven side.jpg
  8. mdb landscaping

9. mdb landscaping

one more..... at one point the state had 11 trucks clearing one side. also, by the meriden station i plow, a state truck slid up on top of a guardrail! the plow broke off, and the truck was on top of the plow and sitting on the guardrail. the state wrecker was there, but i have no idea how they got it all cleaned up

conga line.jpg
  10. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Hey Matt, is that your first time plowing that place that storm, or are those piles still from Christmas? The pics look good. Post More:D
  11. mdb landscaping

yeh. those piles are from the first couple of storms. i had just gotten there to plow. the piles are much bigger now! as a matter of fact we hired a loader to come in later today to push all the piles back to make way for more snowstorms because there was so much snow. i forgot to take my camera this morning so i dont have any updated shots.
  12. mdb landscaping

a local town of meriden tractor getting some coffee...

meriden tractor.jpg
  13. mdb landscaping

just getting there....second time of the storm

unplowed newington.jpg
  14. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

We got some snow at first then it went to all rain here for 2 hours then back to snow/mix for about 3-4" maybe 5 .All I know is it was like pushing cement .
  15. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

at least your pushing something besides rain.
  16. bwamx

bwamx Member

Hey Matt,
    What Station do you plow in Meriden the one on the
    corner of Bee and Eastmain? By the entrance to 15/91 north?
    If so we crossed paths today.
    I plow down Bee st. and on E Main.
    On the way home with the Pizza for the kids I saw a wasted
    guardrail at the 15/91 split, It didn't look like it was a soft hit!:eek:

Thats quite a run to Meriden from Glastonbury for plowing.
    Give us some powder!!!! I tired of plowing cement!!!
    I think this was the longest, heaviest 6" we have had in a long time.
    Time for some rest.
  17. mdb landscaping

yeh bob, i plow that mobil. Its tough looking at your truck in your avatar. Is that a ford with a western? It is quite a haul to meriden. took me 1 hour to get back to glastonbury with the traffic. My father owns the place, so i plow his station in newington on the berlin turnpike, and then i run up to meriden and plow that one. I make one big loop sort of.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2003
  18. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

snow?, what snow! we had about 1-2" of an ice, frozen snow mess. we started salting at 4:00 am friday, finished 10 am saturday morning (with a few breaks in between). never spread so much salt in my life.would've rather had a foot of snow than that sh*t. went through about 16 tons. there was a lot of rain mixed in, kept on diluting the brine, making it useless
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2003