1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eager Beaver, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver Senior Member

How's everyone else doing for snow events? Here we are in the middle of the lake effect snow belt at the end of December and I salted once.

How's everyone else doing? Heard out east you guys were getting some. How about sending some back our way!!!!
    "Merry Christmas to all" and and to all "another no snow night";)

2. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

nothing plowable here yet. only a 2" event on the 8th. all residentials for me w/ a 3" trigger. looks like the christmas event's going to be rain for me. maybe next year we'll see some snow?!?!?

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

By this morning's forecast (but we all know how much you can trust THAT...................:rolleyes: ) it's looking like a rain event for Christmas up here too.

Snow will be here soon enough I'm sure - in the meantime, enjoy the holidays!

4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Look like we moght finaly get some. we have about 4-5 days w/chance of lake effect starting Christmas Eve. 70% in some areas. Hope so . Merry Christmas to all

5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

From 4 am Tuesday till 9 pm Wed I logged 30 hours in the truck.
    we got about 12", but it started at about 3 am Tues and ended at 4 am Wed, snowed lightly all day Tues, so I had to babysit my commercials especially with all the Christmas traffic, nice to have the extra money from the per-push accounts coming in next month!

Bill

6. porter

porter Junior Member

i was in the same boat as nsmilligan we got the same storm up here in NB but with about 10 inchs.

7. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

we have just a chance for flurries here... for 4-5 days.

not nearly enough!!!!!

8. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

Haven't dug up the paperwork but if my memory is working right we've had 14 plowable events. Starting November 29th. Looks like we're going to get a break for awhile now. Slight chance of light snow tonight and tomorrow then nothing forecast for awhile.

9. theplantdoctor

theplantdoctor Junior Member

Raining here--looks like a green Christmas is coming. (And I don't mean "money green"!!!)
    Ken
    :(

10. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Watching the GreenBay game and I see they are getting the white stuff:p

Nothing on hand for us yet
    Happy Holidays

11. newtosnow

newtosnow Junior Member

plowed 2 storms, sanded 3.....pretty uneventful, but Feb. is the month for us here in Maine!!

12. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

Just started snowing here in Ohio.alf way between Toledo and Cleveland.Only maybe 1/2 so far.