1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where's the snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wstwind, Jan 19, 2005.

1. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

record low snow year for us. more ice than anything else. anyone else as low as us up here? :cool:
  2. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

A wierd year if you ask me.
  3. premo

premo Junior Member

Same here Not a plowable snow yet.... This is unbeliveable :realmad: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :cry:
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

There is plenty of snow here, slow start but its been good since Christmas!
  5. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Where's the snow?

Not much here.....yet.

We've had a few dustings, nothing plowable, slung a little salt out, that's about it so far.

When the snow does come their'll probably be a lot of it.

That's usually the pattern here when it's late coming, once it starts it snows a lot and often, with a big snow or two in April.

I'd rather spread it out over 3 or 4 inch snows two or three times a week.

Right now anything plowable would be good.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  6. digger3700

digger3700 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Today was the first plowable snow for me and it just made it to my 2" trigger,
    more snow predicted for tomorrow and the weekend .
    It felt pretty good to finally get to plow again.
  7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Snow, what's that? I'm in central Vermont and most every storm has missed us to the south or gone too far north and given us mostly rain. Luckily I have a fair ammount of commercial stuff and have plowed a fair ammount even though our largest snowfall probably hasn't topped 4" and most events have been about 1-2". We too have had lots of ice though and I'm not too sure if the sand pile will hold out if it continues like this.All I can say is thank god for commercial stuff. I'm actually seriosly considering not doing residences anymore.
  8. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Man, it started out real good this afternoon, coming down nicely. Of cousre, it all slowed down. We got about 1 1/2", all the commercial lots get to be plowed, but none of my driveways. Oh well, at least I got to use the blade at my parents.

Hoping this weekend storm isn't just all hype. :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  9. blk94fiveoh

blk94fiveoh Junior Member
    from MN

Yeah its been a terrible year. If you look at the snow depth maps, the snow has been just north of us, just south of us, and just east of us (i'm assuming you are in the metro) . Literally 30-40 miles north and south of us they have had snow. Channel 9 is predicting 4-6 inches tomorrow night, but I'll believe it when I see it.