1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's The Snow???

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Dec 19, 2004.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

:redbounce Well, it's almost Christmas again, and we've lost all our snow here in Nfld. Is anybody else having any luck with the weather? December started off good here, plenty of snow and ice, but now its gone (just in time for Xmas) :confused:

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I haven't plowed yet this winter except for my own driveway and one lady customer who couldn't get up her driveway on 2" of snow on ice with a 2wd.

3. Grant

Grant Member

No snow up there? Whats up with that? Thats a little scary. You better get ready for THE BIG ONE!!!

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I been ready for two months. :nod:

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

If all goes as planned i should be doing my second plow tommrrow. Not expecting heavy snow as of now around 3-4", i hope its more, it could be more in some places, they don't know exactly where though.

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Plowed this afternoon then it started snowing again. Have another inch or so now and it is still falling. I think I have plowed about 8 times so far but none of them over 4" or so.

7. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

michigan city indiana got 19" yesterday and im stuck in south bend

8. lance49726

lance49726 Junior Member

Have plowed twice so far about 6" on ground and cold -22 F.

9. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Hi Newfee!

I used to TRUCK long Haul--PRODUCE-- from New Market Gardens in Boston,Mass to NEW-Feeland!--St George--Yrs AGO!-- & Haul FISH Back!--the Granite Planet!--w/ an Ole Dimaond "T" Cab-over! Blue w/ White Stripes!--the Newfees called Me {BATMAN!} & WE the Wife & "I" plan to Visit {NewFeeland} in the Near Future! as We have Freinds There!--Great People--& YES! We Miss E*M--I*M Retired NOW!--& WE want ONE More Vist to Drink some? SCREACH!--just to Get the Party Going!--& LAUGH at the many things? We Did that We Ought Not Have? when Freinds Do get Together!--Some Really WILD Parties Now I*LL Tell YA!--My Wifes Ancestors came from There!--& "I" having an IRISH Ancestree--Quite a Combination?--HUH? May-Bee? Next SUMMER?--the Only ONE that Hauled w/ US! still Left Hauling? that I know Off? is the { REBEL} & He allways Drove a YELLOW KENWORTH Conventional Cab Long Nose!--& got a New One every Couple of years!--allways YELOW & Wears a REBEL--HAT!--& What a CHARACTOR!--a Real CRAZY GUY!--like All of US!--send ME your E-Mail Address! so We can CHAT--THANKS --Ole JIM--

10. schnitz

schnitz Member

We got almost 10 inches--- Want some??

Depending on what part of town and the wind, we got almost 10". What a trial by fire for a 2wd and a Snowbear. Little bugger works great.12 accounts & all were done by 6:30 this morning.

11. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I half-plowed once (only commercial, no residential). Salted once.

Cant wait for the good snow that I can plow, residential, commercial, and salt.

12. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

still no snow here, they said 1-2'' yeserday but of coarse we never got it. now there saying maybe wed. into thurs. wouldnt count on it :gunsfiring:
    plow mister have you gotten any sleep since sat. night when left out here :jester: STILL WAITING FOR THAT BIG ONE (IF IT EVER COMES) :p

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I beginning to wonder if it's going to snow at all this year? :(

14. lance49726

lance49726 Junior Member

Got 8" last night. :redbounce

15. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Green Christmas

Looks like we might have a green Xmas this year. By if the rain we had was snow, we'd be buried in now! Don't seem like Christmas with no snow on the ground though. Still got 3 days to pray for the white stuff I suppose *L*. Guess Santa's going to have to come on a trike this year! (Newfie Xmas Song).

16. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Newfoundland without snow is like Florida without oranges. Who would believe it?

17. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

2 Lake Effect storms so far. The first dumped about 20" in two days and the second dropped 12-15" in a a day and a half. We have been out six times so far :dizzy: