1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the member list?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by streetsurfin', Aug 23, 2005.

1. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Is there a member list viewable? I want to PM someone here and have forgotten their exact user name. Thanks.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Thanks Charles. I can visit his business later this week.

4. Charles

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I was wondering why the member's list is not working?

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry Sean expalined it in another thread.:drinkup:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The links are the same...and both go to the "Sorry! The administrator has disabled the list of members." page. Just as it has for 8 months.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i thought it was just me:rolleyes:

9. Charles

Yea, this thread is from 2005:rolleyes:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It worked 8 months ago. I was in it. :nod:

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

how come it's been disabled for a while now? i remember being able to look through it to find certain names to PM.

12. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know why it's not available but I would imagine it's because Moose River is protective of their user base.

They most likely don't want competitors having access to information like that.

Like I said, I don't know for sure so maybe Charles can explain since he's the only mod to have responded to this thread thus far...

13. Charles

我隻氣墊船裝滿晒鱔
    :d:

14. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

The member list is not given out to help ensure our members are not spammed from someone just signing up for the sole purpose of advertising what they sell.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why is that such an issue here on PS? Have any of the members ever complained of it in the past? Of all the on line forums I'm a member on, I've NEVER received a spam PM from a single one in the last 5 years. Several have as much or more traffic (and members) as PS and their members list links are at the top of every page of their forums for the free use of the members.

So is it a substandard software matter?

Anyone else have spam via PM issues on the forums they belong to?

16. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Love the Chicken, at least I think it's Chicken:eek:

17. Indy

Indy Senior Member

So to sign on the ML, scroll to top of window, slide to the right, click on the little red box.:jester:

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

All yous guys need is a thread with my name on it for all ur weather/plowing needs!:p:D

19. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

All taken care of for you buddy :salute:

20. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

uh..yeah as a matter of fact... i signed up at lawnsite.com and now i recieve e-mail's from the site...WTF...are the mod's protecting us from...from....them?

while we are complaining ;) ....WHY are all tires BLACK....why can't we have white ones? seems kinda racist to me? haha

PJ

P.S. i bet anyone $10 that the last part of this post gets deleted :rolleys: lol