1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where's the juice?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by larry c, Apr 16, 2003.

1. larry c

larry c Junior Member

i have put together a 1977 and a 1979 chevy 3/4 ton dually. the fuse block is push in style fuses from the 1979 (although that doesn't seem to have appeared until 1980) it is original. The problem I'm having I believe is with my fusible links. I have 12 volts to w/w motor, heater motor, brake lights and side indicator bulbs. I have no power to anything else that I have found. No headlights, park and tail lights, interior lights, dash lights etc.
    I assume power for these comes from fusible links off of starter solenoid!?! Do they then run to firewall side of fuse block? Are they the larger wires coming out of the loom into left side fuse block?
    Or am I barking up the wrong tree and should be looking for poor or nonexistant grounds or equipment failure?
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check the fusible links at the starter and the junction block on the firewall.They feed the majority of the circuits in the truck.

Your best bet would be to pull all the wiring up from the starter area.Run the fusible links directly from the battery (you may have to extend them),and add new fusible links there.