1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the horn?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chris-R, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Okay, here's a simple question. I just got a new 05 GMC 2500HD and the horn is a little too whimpy for me so I want to replace it. The problem is that I can't find it!! It would be nice if my wife would sit in the truck and blast the horn while I look for it but she's been too busy dancing at the local strip club. Can anyone tell me where the horn is? Thanks.
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Not sure where it is but i do know she isn't busy during the day.....
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

On the lower right and left side of the rad support is where your horn's should be. One is under the wiper bottle on the drivers side. The horn on the drivers side is buried down low.
    The other one lay on the ground under the right end of the bumper and look up you will see it. It didn't look like a horn but when laying on the ground and putting a hand on the horn and pushing the remote lock button twice you can feel it make a horn noise. If that doesn't help you I will walk down to the rad line tonight and take a peek. (I work for GM at the Truck Plant in Pontaic MI)

Good Luck Mike