1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the harness?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by martin-vin, Oct 8, 2007.

1. martin-vin

martin-vin Junior Member
    from maine

I have a 2004 silverado w/ the snow plow prep package. There is a push botton switch on the dash for a roof mounted emergency light. Does anyone know where the end of the harness for that switch is located so I can hook up a light?
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yep it is under the headliner taped to the roof. It should be a brown and also a black wire held up with blue tape.

Regards Mike
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yup, taped to the headliner, easiest to get to it from the driverside.
  4. martin-vin

martin-vin Junior Member
    from maine

I just found this bulletin - http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull.htm - bulletin #27 if you want a look... Part of it reads...

"Emergency Roof Mounted Lamp Switch This provision includes a dash mounted switch (see Figure 1), a relay, and wiring which is routed up along the Left Hand B pillar and terminates at the roof as coiled blunt cut wires (see Figure 2). There are two blunt cut 12 gauge (3.0mm2) wires, one is Brown (roof mounted lamp power), it is controlled by the dash mounted switch through the relay, the other is Black(ground). The Brown power wire is protected by the 30 Amp SEO 2 fuse which is located in the Underhood Electrical Center."

Thanks for all your help. I'll have to post some pics when I get it all installed.