1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where's the harness?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by martin-vin, Oct 8, 2007.

1. martin-vin

martin-vin Junior Member
    from maine

I have a 2004 silverado w/ the plow prep package. There is a push botton switch on the dash for a roof mounted emergency light. Does anyone know where the end of the harness for that switch is located so I can hook up a light?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

In the headliner, drivers side........do a search on here, you'll find A LOT of threads about this as well as a detailed (with pics) desription on exactly how to do it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

The pigtail has also been known to be found on the pass side as well....just take a peek up in and you should find it.
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

It is in your headliner. You have to remove the visors, the center overhead councle, the dome lite, and the oh sh*t handles. I just took mine to the corner of my cab and put quick connects on it. LIke this.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  5. martin-vin

martin-vin Junior Member
    from maine

GM Upfitter Bulletin

I just found this bulletin - http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull.htm - bulletin #27 if you want a look... Part of it reads...

"Emergency Roof Mounted Lamp Switch. This provision includes a dash mounted switch (see Figure 1), a relay, and wiring which is routed up along the Left Hand B pillar and terminates at the roof as coiled blunt cut wires (see Figure 2). There are two blunt cut 12 gauge (3.0mm2) wires, one is Brown (roof mounted lamp power), it is controlled by the dash mounted switch through the relay, the other is Black(ground). The Brown power wire is protected by the 30 Amp SEO 2 fuse which is located in the Underhood Electrical Center."

Thanks for all your help. I'll have to post some pics when I get it all installed.