1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's the darn snow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LockedUP, Feb 15, 2004.

1. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I can't believe this winter I have had one plow in Jan and two in Feb so far this is disgusting..In a normal year I do 5 or six plows a month with march being great.. I'm gonna have to move if this keeps up....Not.....but I sure wish the money would fall some more!

2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

You're tellin me.... We haven't plowed in over 3 weeks. the last time I plowed was on Jan 17. there is no snow predicted for the next week either. This sucks.... :(

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

March isn't here yet......Thats when we get that "Freak" snowstorm most years.......hold your breath.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there talking about snow for ny/nj/ct tues night and wed

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

We need snow! I have plowed six times this season but only two were "real storms" the rest i just had to scrape so things would not freeze up. This winter is really starting to make me mad. All the brown lawns are showing and today its cold. If theres not going to be snow on the ground then it might as well be spring. Maybe snow this week on wed but i don't think it will be anything major. I hear there is plenty of snow cover north of me in ski country (vt,nh,me), I was in Andover, MA yesterday and it made me mad that they had snow and I have hardly anything at my house:angry:

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

We have not had one STORM up here in the Great True North. Make you sick. Un- believable. Oh well, look on the brite side,some of the competition will be gone next year. I hope it's not me.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

we aren't gettin' sh*t here either, I need to make the eq

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

sorry, I've got two thumbs, as I was saying I need to make the equipment payments, but no white stuff is really starting to get me worried. :angry: :gunsfiring: :angry:

9. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I thought it was Sat Sun

10. PLOWMAN45

nope tue/wed there is a thread started

11. computerguy

computerguy Member

Maybe N'oreaster headed my way. :D I did say maybe. Until then, :sleeping:

12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I figure the seasons over. No snow predicted anytime soon but is it ever cold. Suppose to be around 5 tonight. Figures i just ordered a u edge from Dino and should be here some time next week. :D :D

13. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

u should not count on snow to pay for your equip

14. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

WOW Fellas........Ya gotta come up to the Syracuse NY area!
    Already over 200" for the year ! Nice sunny...But cold day today.
    I finally took off my plow today. 1st time all season ! Had to eyeball everything, check all the nuts bolts, apply a little lube, check fluid, etc.....................

STILL ads in the paper for plow drivers and rigs wanted !

Haven't heard from CNY Bill , Joe, or AL. Those guys must be
    resting! They do a LOT of Comm. work !

Did go relax at Hooters today...Watch Daytona, Eyeball Ta-Tas,
    Cold Buds and Hot wings too................geo

15. PLOWMAN45

Syracuse NY huh buy a 10 wheeler work all winter chill out all summer i could do that

16. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got 10 events under my belt so far this season.:D payup

17. computerguy

computerguy Member

10? Man, I only have 3:( Made for lots of rest this winter :sleeping: . might get one tonight. Weather forecastors are clueless as usual.:gunsfiring:

18. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm just making up for the last couple of years when I only plowed 3 times each season.:nod:

19. JMR

JMR Senior Member

6 events so far this season. Most of them 24+ hours of plowing. One 40+ hours. Possible weather system coming end of this week, but it will probably be rain. So far this has been a very good year.payup payup

20. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

we where having a decent season up untill Feb 1st. We had 6 events in december/january but now nothing an it's not looking to promising either. :(