1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheres The Best Deal On Air Bag Systems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Feb 20, 2008.

1. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

I got a 2004 1/2 ton 4x4 i want to geta a rear airbag system wheres the best buy at

2. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Find out what brand you want and get the model number for your truck then check ebay. I bought mine on there brand new in the box it is firestone's brand, I paid half of what they wanted everywhere else. If ebay's not your thing summit racing has about the best prices and you can get it usally in a day or two with regular shipping.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Best price I've found is $208 through JC Whitney (JCW.com) Gotta look for the deals, either free shipping or 20% off, whatever special comes around and gets it the lowest. See them on ebay sometimes, but I've yet to find the exact right kit for my truck at the right price. I'd even buy used if it were cheap enough. I really want a set but just got no money right now.
    I've checked out Airlift and Firestone, they are both pretty similar but I like Firestone a little better. Airlift offers two kits for my truck, can never be sure which one is right but I'd go with the bigger double convoluted one. Firestone only offers the double one. If I do go with JCW it's the Airlift that's cheaper.

4. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Firestone's are on mine and I have no complaints. I had airlift on the front of my bronco and they suck. The firestone ones actually are the same as the larger ones on a semi truck. The airlift were real hard almost plastic like--stay away from them--personal preferance.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Fronts are plastic style. The airlift rears are rubber just like Firestone.