1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where's my hat?

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by JohnnyU, Jan 21, 2011.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I purchased a new SP575 at the beginning of December and mailed in the warranty registration. I'm mainly just busting your chops, but are you guys still sending out hats and the like when people send in warranty information?

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

How about it. I bought 2 VMAXX 8500s and no hat?

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

It took about 6 months to get mine.

4. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Yeah, me too!

So John and I will get ours in June! Sweeeet.

5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Me to. I filled out that card last year, bought two - still no hat??

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Good to know.... I will need that hat come June...:laughing:

7. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Instead of hats, we now give away SnowEx headbands. We usually try to get them out within three weeks, but lately we’ve been running low and have more on order. Thanks for being a SnowEx customer!

8. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Well that's a bummer. A headband won't keep the top of my head warm. :confused:

9. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

headbands

I'm bald.....................bought two vmaxx 8500's. Therefore I'm going to need about five headbands. You know, to wrap around my head as thou I have a toothache:laughing:

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's kind of a disappointment. I was looking forward to a hat, but I guess I'd take a ball cap if possible....

My head sure was cold while out working this blizzard....

11. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I thought they quit the hat thing because I have not got one the last two years.
    Maybe SnowEx should just drop the whole hat idea, save the money and do some SERIOUS R&D........(wink, wink, Mark;))just a thought but what do I know. Sometimes I wonder if their spreaders ever get tested at 2am? Or is it 9 to 5?

12. timsteinman30

timsteinman30 Member

I can help with the hat thing, return your spreaders they are junk. You MIGHT have better luck with saltdogg, and you do get a hat i hear.

13. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

all we use are snowex spreaders go throught 4 skids every snow we keep are bag salt indoors and dry 1 575 1 1075 i have never had 1 fail me in over 15 years .:laughing: also have western 1000 i have run semi load after semi loads throught my spreaders never leave salt in them rince out after every use and store indoors in off season i sell every 3 years or so and replace with new ones to much money to be made to use old stuff . i wanting new v box but i have heard to much bashing to get 1 now.i was going to buy used one for 1750 going to look at the new sp 7550 or sp 8500 or a new western tornado instead. tired of going out and loading all the bags got to hit the snow hard core to make the money :gunsfiring::drinkup: i also got my headband this year a little late i posted this on forum wamted it on think of buying a snowex my first time i have read alot of good stuff on here today still cant deside on spreader i also have truck craft tc130 alumium =dump bed i could put talegate spreader on tc 130 anybody got a good ideal for what bulk spreader to buy thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  14. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Hey, I never received a hat, or headband or even a follow up "thank you" from my local SnowEx dealer for buying a spreader...

15. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i agree i havent received my toque since last year or follow up

16. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Did you guys fill out the warranty cards and send them in? We typically send out the headbands as soon as warranty cards come in.

Also, thanks for being SnowEx customers...we're very appreciative of your business!

17. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

This thread reminded me about mailing in the card for my free HAT....but it got down graded to a headband??

My only problem is that my head is balding also & my jazzercise classes don't begin until January.:cry: Guess I'll save a stamp...

18. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Neither have I Ron.....

Yep, sent it in back in December of 2010.....:rolleyes:

19. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Must be real slow for you to keep this alive

20. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Yes. In Dec. 2010, if I recall correctly it was Dec. 11th I dropped it in the mail after installing the spreader I purchased on the 9th.

I talked to my dealer where I bought my spreader, and he told me most everyone has said the same thing about not receiving their hat/headband. Hopefully should I ever need service or parts it won't take as long...

Yep, for us mowing has been slow this season- We're waiting on snow to hopefully make up some $$$ this year.