1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where'd you put your Western (or Fisher) isolation module on a late model Ram?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by flakesmeangreen, Jan 27, 2009.

1. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I installed my plow myself 2 seasons ago and put it on the fuse box cover. I know they changed the design of the fuse box somewhere around '05 - '07, I have the angled one. I was just curious since I couldn't find too many places to put it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I mounted mine on the firewall side of the driver side battery tray. On my 2005.

3. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

on my 2003 1500 i took some 1/16x 1 bar stock and made 2 "L" brackets slide one side of them under the battery and zip tied the isolation module to the other side. I also cut strips of heavy black rubber from a shower pan kit to act as shims for under the battery. Works really nice.

4. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Here's my 2003 setup...Just bent a scrap piece of aluminum diamond plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

How did you get the battery to stay in place? The reason i used to 'L' brackets was becuase of that wedge they use to hold the battery in..

6. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Nice ideas. I may switch mine during the warmer months.