1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Mar 18, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Where are you from? What do you do in the off season? Interests?. I'll start; I live in Riverside Connecticut. In the offseason I run a small landscaping business with about 10 customers. I'm also a junior firefighter at my local station. At high school, I'm involved in a robotics club, and also go to the shop after school to work on a kit car and custom build stuff.<p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I am from maine, but everyone knows that.<p>I work as a Utlity Contractor, where we build and maintain utility systems. Everything from sub stations to small trasmission systems.<p>Geoff<br>

3. Mikey

Mikey Junior Member

I'm from Iowa. I plow in the winter as an addition to spreading aglime. In the summer we haul rock, dirt, sand and anything else that fit in the trucks. We also do dirt work with a Bobcat and sell landscapeing materials.

4. yortengel

yortengel Senior Member

I live in Michigan, Just north of Detroit. <br>I am an Electronics Validation Engineer for Daimler/Chrysler, Before that I was the Service manager and lead Technician at a small auto repair shop, I got into plowing when I was 17.<br>I’m also a pilot, A volunteer Firefighter, I stay busy.<br>

5. Vince Panaroni

Vince Panaroni Member

I'm from northcentral new hampshire. I live in a heavy snow area at a fairly high elevation. I have been involved in snow and ice management business for over 30 years. Initially in the urethane production side of the snow grooming machines built in Utah built by LMC, and in canada with Bombardier, in Italy with Primoth and in Germany with Kaselboro. My main business is polyurethanes and I am vice president of MTS in dover new hampshire. I do plow a little and my passion is rasing Belgian Draft horsesand keeping dino straight.......<p>enough said<p>vice

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

My name is Alan Nadeau, and I'm located just north of Burlington, Vermont in the town of Milton. About 30 miles from the Canadian border and on the shores of Lake Champlain. I like to think we're a pretty big fish in the plowing business locally, but that is only because it's a damn small pond. Summer work is mowing and seeding, along with landscape installation. I'd really like ro get away from the mowing. I have a long background in metal work and structural fabrication and tend to be a &quot;tinkerer&quot; so I build/modify a lot of my own equipment and trailers. Strictly a GM man as far as trucks go.

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

South East Conn.<br>Home Improvement in the off season and selling anything vinnie tells me to.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

8. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

We are are from Dutchess County N.Y. about 1.5 hours north of NYC.I started plowing and lawn maintenance 5 years ago and now we just plow. we have dropped our lawn maintenance and only plow commercial accounts.In our off season we do basically nothing but prep for our next winter season.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I am from Orange county NY,I run am the superintendant of maintance on a golf course in off season,use my summer workers to plow for me in winter if needed.I worked as tech for Chrysler corp. as well as GM for a time,they wanted me to drop plowing,I told them up front I needed any snow day off in winter .I still work on cars/trucks in winter when not plowing for extra money and to keep busy.I will be expanding into more commercial and letting go of the residential as I do,for financial reasons.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

10. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

South Eastern Ct. I'm in the Navy so I don't really have an off season. Got in to plowing when I was stationed up in Brunswick Me. about 10 years ago and kinda just stuck with it. <br>Ray

11. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

I live in way upstate N.Y.right near the canadian border.I do snowplowing in the winter and landscaping and lawnservice in the summer<p>----------<br>Todd <br>

12. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

And I am a Canadian. <p>My partner and I are in Southern Ontario and<br>operate year-round, cuttin' in the summer and plowin' in the winter. <p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com

13. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I am in South Western Massachusetts,full time machinest, make parts for TV transmitters. Part time lawncare service in the summer and plow in the winter.

14. Mike Plow

Mike Plow Junior Member

HI my name is mike i live in sounthern ny<br>westchester county.I own M&J auto and <br>truck clinic in pelham.we sell snowplows<br>and do auto and truck repairs.I do<br>snowplowing with 3 trucks been snoplowing<br>since as was 16,used snowblower before that.

15. lawnman

lawnman Junior Member

My name is scott and live in central MA. I own a landscape co and have been plowing for 16 years. I've been married for 5 wonderful yrs and expecting our 1st baby, due date is today but nothing so far. <p>----------<br>spreble<br>

16. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Hi, I'm from the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. I'm a real estate agent with Realty World, by day and I plow all nite. Seriouly, the real estate business snows down in winter and I've been plowing for too long, from Land Rovers and Jeeps with little Meyers plows to a Unimog with a big meyer and blower. Now I have a couple of K2500's with a Fisher V, and a straight 8'. I'm sure we'll have at least one more kick at the cat up here, March has been busy. Have a good summer.<br>Bill<br>Bill

17. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

My name is Tim I'm a freshman in high school in Allendale, NJ. I run the snowblower for a friend in the winter, And run my own small lawn cutting service in the summer. I do clean-ups in the spring and fall for those same people. I also work for the same kid that i run the snowblower for in the spring, summer, fall. I keep myslef rather busy along with school work and sports.<p>Tim<br>

18. Lou

Lou Member

Live in Rocky Point Oregon.....have been plowing snow for 6 years. Am also a volunteer with our Fire Dept. Guess I'm the only one from the west coast on the forum. I have had a lot of laughs reading some of the posts, and have reaped a lot of good info too. Lou