1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where you getting your oil?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sawboy, May 4, 2013.

1. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking of switching over to full synthetic. For those of you running it, what are you running, and where are buying it from?

2007 F350, 6.0
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Either Rotella 15/40 or Mobil Delvac. Walmart is usually the cheapest. I never go to Walmart, but that's about all that gets me there.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

*I didn't catch the synthetic part....read too fast
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got no help with the synthetic. We run either motorcraft or mobil delvac in everything, 7.3-6.7's and my duramax. We get it from a parts supplier, Farm and Fleet or Napa. Whoever is cheapest at the time.
  5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

I just take my trucks to the local Ford or GM dealer for service. :laughing:
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

who really changes oil anymore.......I just traded them and buy new ones
  7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Pfft. I'm not doing it myself. Just wanna supply the parts and wondering if synthetic is worth the cost, and where you guys source it.
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Having Diesels with 14 quarts or more it has to save money. To double the change intervals. The oil is not cheap from what I have seen.
  9. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I run 5/40 rotella synthetic year round. 21 a gallon at wallys. Sent a sample into Blackstone.at 5k, they said to try 6k and send in another sample. I stuck with 5500 oil change intervals. My truck seems to run much quieter
    Edit: this is an 02 7.3

FISHERBOY Senior Member

FOR me its rotella 15/40, the local napa store is 2 cents more than walmart, plus ford filters and prolong on the top end goes a long way