1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where would you go with the snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Holland, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Just picked up my neighbors driveway. Did it for the first time this morning and am having trouble finding a place for snow. Ive included a picture. Her lot is outlined in red, mine in yellow. Blue lines indicate a stone wall. Red dot indicates where her old snow plow provider put the snow. He had a two door blazer and i have an extened cab truck. I just cant turn in there, had to shovel the whole push into a pile. I have three options, continue how i did it this morning, use my little single stage blower on the whole thing, or, and this sounds stupid i know, pull the snow to the end of her drive, push it up the street, and put it on my snowpile, indicated by a red square. What would you guys do?
    [​IMG]

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Why not straight in and cut to right on grass?

3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Definately would be possible if they owned it. They only own to about a foot off the edge of the drive. I was told the neighbors get upset if the snow is pushed there. Guess i could do it until i get into trouble.:laughing:

[​IMG]

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I would talk to the neighbor and ask why? Its not gonna block them and you arnt gonna dammage much. Otherwise use a blower and shoot it on them evenly. Ha ha.

5. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

they probably don't want the snow bank to spill over to there driveway. What did the guy before you do?

6. CuttingEdgeLS

CuttingEdgeLS Junior Member

Could bring it all to the end of the drive way and push it over the sidewalk onto the grass to the left of the brick wall just make sure you lift your blade accordingly so you don't clip it, over exaggerating how much you lift it wouldn't hurt. Then you could just shovel the little run off you have on the sidewalk so the city doesn't get on your case for leaving snow on the walk.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

thats what i would do.

8. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

i would windrow to the right until you get in trouble.. once that happens do what cuttingegde says... i think thats your best options for now

9. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

I would tell the neighbor, if they let me push snow onto their front lawn across their driveway, I'll plow from your neighbor's garage forward to the street and keep that clear for them. No charge (since it's plowed when you push across it anyway).

10. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Go easy and push on to lawn. Wont hurt anything if you stance your tracks.

11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Do the sidewalks have to be kept clear? Cant you just push it into the street and then push it off to the side of the road like the plow trucks will do? If not I'd say windrow to the right as much as possible and then if you have to stack on the corner of her lawn just be careful of the bricks and you'll be fine. I dont like it very much when people don't plan a spot for the snow to go. Im surprised there is not also a mailbox in the way.

12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

if you want bigger probs then do what Jdipp says
    DO NOT push it in the street and then down the road
    just push it into the yard

13. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

Tell your client they are certifiably insane for having that stupid wall there!!!
    In a nice way of course.

Come Spring, get them to have you do the right thing with their lawn.
    Many problems solved.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious. there's no reason for that wall. It's an accident waiting to happen.

For this Winter, yes... maybe speaking nice to the neighbor would be the best.
    Never hurts to ask and be polite.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  14. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Going up the street was definately a dumb idea. We got 13in yesterday so i just shoved it to the right.

15. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Yup, i would approach the owner and ask who plows their drive, offer them a break on the rate since they are side to side and see if they will allow you to push the snow to the right on the grass since they got a break in price. Sucks not to make more money but to pick up 2 customers side by side and make life easier would make it worth while.

16. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

step one. push all snow to drive...
    step two. push snow like city truck only faster to throw snow into lawn area