1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where too stack snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FTGUprprtyMaint, Oct 30, 2008.

1. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

I have a question about where i should be stacking snow on this particular contract. The contract is for the blue house next to the lot and the lot, which is all outlined in red. There's a fence across the back of the lot. Should i push the piles along the exit of the lot which is on the side of the blue house's front yard? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    -Jason

plottt.jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Wow you plow in a lot of tuogh places. Don't put it near the exits becouseit will block the visibility of people leaving. I would fill up them spaces next to the brown house directly behined the blue house. But even then you mite have to haul it off a few times.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

By the shed?, both pine trees, the triangle where the yellow lines are, front yards along "98", anywhere not by the exits so as to block visibility trying to exit the parking lots.

Looks like the kind of place where theres not going to be any "hauling off after every storm"

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Did you ask the customer where they put the snow last year??

5. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

i dont think they can afford to lose parking spaces its a church. i was looking at it again this evening and the grass areas are bigger then what the picture makes them out to be. I also saw where it got torn up from the previous plower so i figure i will stack here and worst comes to worse the yellow non parking area.. blue boxes are areas i will stack. What do u think about the one by the house it should leave about 30 feet to the rd so i don't think it will effect visibility

plottt bb.jpg

6. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I wouldn't but any by the house incase you get a quick thaw and the basement floods then be faced with a lawsuit,in the back maybe.Or put on the triangle then get some extra for removalpayup

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  7. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

that front yard is on a pitch towards the rd

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The front lawn looks like a good spot to put snow.

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the front yard. What will you be using to clear the lot? Skidloader with a Blizzard or box plow?

10. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

ultra mount pro