1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to tie in my Plow Lights on my 92 Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dodgepwr, Dec 6, 2009.

1. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

I have a k2500 92 Chevy and i need a wiring diagram or some info on where to tie in to my factory harness for my plow lights. something like under dash look for white wire and that is your low beam or whatever. any help would be great thank you, also if you need to know i have a old Meyer plow with a e47 pump and after market lights.

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

If you need to know ??? For help they all ways need to know what kind of plow... Try clicking on the Meyer logo above...Then search for wiring diagram

3. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Misunderstood Chevy truck owner

I don't think i being understood. I want to no the wire colors on my truck, not on the plow. Chevy had a specific color code for the light system on my truck and i wonder if anyone might know this information, it will probably be someone that has wired a Chevy truck in my trucks era. or even someone that might have a manual. i was just trying to save a couple bucks and not buy a manual just for a wiring diagram. thanks again

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I bought a used Hiniker it came with the manual..( more on putting together than installing) Was on a 2000.. I installed it on a 92 .Had to get different plugs and push frame to fit...Then moved it to an 01..(had the right push frame when bought)... Wasn't to hard to transfer.. Pretty much wired right up ...It has plugs that plug into the existing light plugs(truck side) then plugs that plug into back of the lights..It shows which color to tap into for turn & parking lights..
    I don't know how else to help(I have a different plow) other than doing a search for the type of plow and Chevy wiring diagram..

5. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

parking lights are brown, light green is low beam, tan is high beam, left turn is light blue, right turn is dark blue. but hook up a test light and switch the lights around to verify you have the right wire

6. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Thanks alot and ill check with test light also.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

With what you're attempting, its easiest to access them in the loom on the drivers fender.

8. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Cool thats where ill start. thank you

9. dodgepwr

dodgepwr Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys its all hooked up.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good to hear, glad you got it.