1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to run cables

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by RhinoL&L, Jan 14, 2008.

1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

sorry again for another stupid question but where have you guys ran your cables for your hideaways? i have a 2005 f250 ext cab. i dont know where to bring the wires through the cab. i also dont know where to run the wires from the power supply up to my factory upfitter switches up front. anyone have any ides? thanks for the help!:waving:

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Run the strobe cables along the frame with existing wire harnesses and bring them up through a hole in the floor under the rear seat(you have to drill it - 1" is adequate for 4 cables, 1 3/8 for 6) and then put the supply next to that. Run the switch wires under the rug, into the chase under the edge door panels, up by the e-brake and to the upfitter switches behind the fuse panel.

3. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

thanks for all of your help BlueLine! as you can probably tell, im not an expert at this kind of thing!

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Not a problem, might as well ask for answers and have it come out right and durable.

5. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

My F-350 has an access hole on the rear wall of the cab near the floor on each side. I had to remove the back trim panel to get to it. You can check out a chassis cab at the dealer to see the locations. ( it's hard to see from the outside with the box on).

6. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

thanks sno what, i will check that out.!