1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to put TIR3's

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02powerstroke, Jan 1, 2010.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Need opinions from you guys where to put my TIR3's on my flatbed.

the two inner red taillights have been replaced with amber led warning lights so i was thinking on the sides under the two outer 2 marker lights on the angle piece. I want a little more to the sides for when I back out of roads and intersections. Or do you think i should mount them pointing straight out the side of the truck so there more dead on as I'm backing out I know leds loose there effectiveness at angles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

opinions would be great. thanks

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'd put 'em here....where did you put the tir6s??

Attached Files:

3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i'd put them under the body, at the rear facing sideways

i've got a set of 6 chineese ones i'm gonna toss on our flat deck for the same reason. light right at the tail of the truck for backing out of a driveway...

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I like were EGLC suggested.

One thing to think about. The 2.5" running lights that you have. You can get dual mode ones. So they have running lights, and then light up brighter that usually used for turn signals. But you can wire up a led flasher to them. So you have running lights, and LED strobes in the same light. And you would have it on the side, in the back, and also at that angle spot. So it would look awesome.

5. 02powerstroke

that's kinda what i was thinking.

EGLC i have not got the mounts yet. Any suggestion on the TIR6's thow?

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

You can use a double sided sticky tape for now to mount if yah want. That's all I did on my backrack and they were on for like 4 months. lol

For the tir6s I'd prob throw em in your grille if you don't have anything up there already.

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I would put them where EGLC suggested right there by the cab or on the angled pieces at the back with the red markers in em.

8. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

If you get tir6's you have to buy the flanges to come with them, unless otherwise arranged, and the flanges are what you put the screws in the mount them. If your worried about drilling into your body, go to a local welder and ask him about some brackets. I am sure he/she will be willing to help. This is what I did for my atv with Whelen TIR3's, TIR6's and LIN4. And If you want wide angle, I would suggest the LIN3 or LINZ6. These are wide angle leds lights all made by Whelen and they are visible for about 165 degrees, which the tir series are about half that. They aren't as intense as the TIR series, but they are still very bright. I have a TIR4 on my atv and it is just as bright as the TIR's, but it isnt as intense since it doesn't have any diffusers. Hope this helps...In your position, LINZ6's are your best bang for the buck

9. 02powerstroke

all mounted up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

very nice!..but lin3's wouldve owkred a little nicer for ya :) but none the less, they look amazing

11. 02powerstroke

I got the TIR3s and the TIR6s for 130 shipped to my house so i cant complain.

12. carver60

carver60 Senior Member

no you cant :). If you ever want to sell them, I am interested..I want to replace my blues with ambers after the season :)

13. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

looks good. that's where i'm gonna mount ours when i get to it..... anything to warn ppl a little sooner...... not that they'll know what to do......

14. 02powerstroke

worked great this last storm! would recommend these lights to anyone!!!

15. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

dude great little fab job :nod: are your still going to place them on head ache rack ?