1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to put the blade while driving..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Merc1100sc, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

IM sure this topic has been beating like a dead horse, but, where is the best place (height) to keep a V blade while driving.. up,down, v'd, scooped,straight?
    my buddies tell me it has to almost be scraping to keep the temp from rising, but, i dont want to catch anything in the road..
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I keep mine All the way up and almost straight because if I angle it all the way left or right one of the headlights gets blocked. Never had any problems with the truck overheating, but I also had the fan clutch replace as many GM truck owners have done. GM apparently has some problems putting the correct fan clutch on snow plow prep trucks. With a V-blade I would have it all the way up and in a V position.
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

For shorter trips to and from jobs, all the way up and angled all the way to the right. For longer trips, such as transporting the plow long distances, only raised a small amount to allow the plow to sit above the ground, but also allow for airflow.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

With a V-plow if you raise it all of the way up in the ^ position the corners of the plow will we close to the ground on some trucks if you lower it the plow coroners will actually go up a little. I eather do this or you can just straiten the blade a little from the full^ position and they should have more than enough clearance.:waving:
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

When I had a "V" I put it in the strait position for travel. :nod: