1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to put the back drag blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Johnny V, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

OK so I had the plow shop put in all the goodies on the truck. The plow was build by the place I bought it from origianlly so that was ready to roll.

Hooked up the plow this week and brought it to the shop for a quick check, as this is my first plow. It is a 8' Western Pro Plus and the first words out of the plow guys mouth is "never saw one of these before. That is a heavy f'in duty frame!" I was a proud papa!!!! :redbounce

Then I showed him the back drag blade and he had no idea where that would go. So I am turning to you guys for help.

The bolts on the blade seem long enough but does the back drag blade 1) just bolt to the back of the plow, 2) bolt INBETWEEN the plow and the front blade, or 3) some other way?????? :confused:

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the IL get together!!
  2. c_maint

c_maint Member

It gets bolted between the cutting blade and the moldboard. Go to western.com for pics.
  3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Johnny V

The back drag edge fits in-between the cutting edge and the mold board. I assume that you didn't opt for the back drag edge when you purchased the plow, but bought it afterwards? You said the blots seemed long enough to accommodate the back drag edge, but if not, Western has a long bolt kit for around 20 bucks if the current bolts don't work. The back drag edges are pretty handy. Good luck with the new set up!

4. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

Thanks guys! That is the perfect help I needed and the back drag blade was bought seperate.

It is kind of thin so it looks like the bolts that I have now will be just fine!