1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to put strobes?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hcr400ex, Dec 12, 2005.

1. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

I just got my 1997 F-250HD a couple weeks ago and tried putting in my 4-corner strobes that i pulled out of my old truck. I am having a real problem installing these. At first I was going to put two in the front markers, and then I was going to put two into the rear bumper, sort of like on a semi. I went to take out the front markers to put them in the other day and its more trouble then its worth. I spent two hours trying to figure out how the hell to get those damn markers out, and finally gave up. I figured out how to do it but its was very tight the all the nuts were rusted as can be, so getting it back together wasn't going to be easy. I was wondering if you guys would think it would look alright to have them mounted on the plow frame, up where the headlights are? I have the brackets and lenses to do thes but they would be angled. My only other place is in the front grille where it was on my old truck, but I figured that might reflect off the plow a little too much. On my rear bumper I plan on haveing my cousin plasma cut out a hole where the strobes will sink in flush on my bumper, this might take a little time but the final product will difinitely be worth it. If anyone has any better ideas for the front please help me.

2. me1223

me1223 Member

get a 1" hole saw and cut holes in the back of you headlights and pop in the strobe, seal with a silicone sealent.

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Junior Member

Whats a good source to buy the strobes from?

4. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

those older model ford trucks are IMPOSSIBLE to get the head lights out. I had to change a marker light on a 1993 f-250 and ended up doing it without removing the lense because i couldnt figure it out...unless you know what your doing, but i didnt.

5. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

YES I know that now. I spent two hours disassembleing half the front end and still could not get to it.

6. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

if you pulled them out from your old truck, you should know whare to put them in your new truck.:rolleyes:

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats kind of what I was thinking, I would'nt mount them in the bumper if I were you as they are not made for that. Put them in your turn signals and reverse lights or tail lights and you will have less problems.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search, this has been discussed like 2,000 times on here. :dizzy:

9. hcr400ex

hcr400ex Junior Member

Alright I guess I should have made this a little more clear. My old truck was a 1998(new style) F150, and my new truck is a 1997 (old style) F-250. I can not get to the front turn signals to even put them in there, there is 2 inch square reverse lights so there is no room, and it is ilegal to put them in the brake/tail lights.
    I have already decided to put the rears in the bumpers because I already have the houseing and it should come out pretty good. I will try to get pictures up so you guys can understand what I am talking about.