1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to put stobes?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ExecutiveLawns, Nov 24, 2007.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Ive got a 2007 chevy new body style 2500HD and want to install strobes in the head and tail lights but I dont know where to install then so they dont melt the head lights. has anyone else installed any on a new body style 07 or 08 chevy that can help me out?

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i just installed some in my truck tonight ... i just usually find a space right next to the bulb either in the head light or turn lens .. and drill ... strobe tubes aren't hot enough to melt the lightbulbs or lenses ..
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Absolutely incorrect, strobes will melt any lense or bulb if mounted too close and/or with high wattage. I can show pics to prove it.
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Just look around the headlight housing. You will need a inch of clearance to not melt anything as a rule of thumb.

Regards Mike
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would put them in the turn signal lense or clearest part of the assembly so you get some side warning also. Strobe bulbs WILL melt and/or damage other items if you dont watch it.
  6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well gee... that why i said find a place close to the original head light bulb or turning bulb .... and i guess i have never seen strobe tubes melt plastic before .. and this is my second set in 8 yrs ...
  7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Listen to BlueLine. The guy knows his *****
  8. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

They will fit in the headlights. It is just really close. We just got done setting five '07 GMC's up. How many strobes are you putting in the rear??
  9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I've never had any melt anything before either, but I have always mounted them in spots not too close to anything else......does that make sence :dizzy: LOLOLOLOL
  10. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Thanks guys

Yea the dealer here doesnt want to do it unless they get to take out one of the turn signal bulbs in the front and put a stobe in its place. They melted a new headlamp assembly in a 07 chevy. I wasnt sure if someone has put them in a 07 or 08 chevy and has pics so i can see exactly where to put them in mine.

Thanks again guys for the input