1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to put E-Series Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CSLC, Jan 3, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I just got 4 amber e series led hideways from strobes n more. Where should I mount them in my 2005 GMC 2500HD with a boss 8.2 vxt? Highbeams or lowbeams? in the rear i am putting them in the orange filter.....

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Parking lights is where I would put them. I have the sound off universal leds in my rear amber turn signals.

3. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Parking lights in the front? Where abouts? I wanted to put them in the corner and get rid of the 194 bulbs but i dont know if I can get it to fit right......

4. For the best way they need to be right next to the factory bulb on the same plane. You could try the side marker but you won't be happy with the output. Put them in the turn lenses and then put some e3 lights on the side right above your bumper.

5. dieseltech

dieseltech Senior Member

You wouldnt get rid of any bulbs. Find a place in the back or side of the housing where the wires wont obstruct the mounting of the light and get pinched

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I am thinking about pulling out the DTRL and putting them in there what do you guys think? The back I am putting them next to the existing bulb....Just trying to find the best spot in the front. I was thinking the DTRL would be the best spot because of the way the vxt sits or The highbeam or lowbeam?

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

pull the drl....then your not hacking up a lens....and you can pop em out if you trade trucks...

in the rear....put em in the reverse portion..you already have flashing lights in the amber they are called turn signals.

8. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I dont want to run with four ways on.....they are amber lights my next purchase I am doing red and white in rear and 2 more in front

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I would mount them next to the turn signal bulb in parking light housing. Or like dissociative said in the drl. I would put them in the turn signal lens in the rear. Blinkers are over rated at 2 am when no one is on the road.

10. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

So I got the lights mounted and they look great!!! Very pleased with them but how do you get them to syncoronize?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I know with the sound offs you have to set them to a certain number. The number is found by how many times it flashes when you are setting them up. There should be a sync wire also that you'll need to connect together with the other lights. Read thru the instructions and it'll tell you how to do it. I had to read my sound off ones a couple times just to make sure I understood it.

12. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Tie the yellow wires together from the control boxes and then cycle through a couple different patterns and you'll see that they are syncro'd. They are nice lights. I love em

13. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Turffscapes - Video?

14. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Not yet....I will tomorrow when I get it all situated

15. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Any video yet?

16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you guys all missed my point......why run an AMBER flashing light that cost 55.00 inside the same AMBER flashing area the truck already has?

they are 1000x more effective to run an AMBER light in the CLEAR portion of the light..so your strobes don't interfere with your stock signals...

and to say turn signals are overrated is just BAD advice....your gonna leave these on when your tired....and go to make a left turn and then nobody is gonna know because your leds are going in the same lens.....it's just a horrible idea to think you will always remember or that turn signals aren't that important...hell even pulling INTO your own parking lot your gonna push you should use your signals AND your lights...

this is the same as arguing why its ok to mount them in the headlight area despite becoming completely useless when the headlights are on.....this just makes your factory turn signals completely useless when your leds are on.....which is just BAD...plain and simple..

no disrespect...its your truck....do as you like....BUT i am posting this for anyone else reading this thinking of doing the same....BOTTOM LINE....you simply don't combine your turn signals with your strobes in this application....the lens is too small and using amber led and amber signals at the same time is useless.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  17. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

My strobes during the day....will try to get a night video. I am looking at 3 diff sets of leds for my next order tell me what you think, they will all be clear. 2 up front in the high beams, 2 in reverse lights, and 2 in the cargo lights...:mechanic:

I am looking at e-series from strobesnmore

http://www.cpsauthority.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_17&products_id=79

http://www.cpsauthority.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_17&products_id=29

I cant figure out how to post video....