1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to push the darn snow here? pic

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

[​IMG]

This whole freking place is tight, they have that wall in the middle as you can see and not much grass area inside the fence at all, i can see we'd have to take a loader from a pile and dump over the fence, which would be really expensive. Id rather not shoot a severly high bid back at them when last years company had some other way, even though we only got 2" once last year :/

I just posted a picture of the last place we were bidding on and i know we are gonna run into some problems there

For reference, these buildings are about 210' long and 25' wide. There is adequate space in between, but lots of areas that you cant push/turn at the same time and no where to leave a pile and get by easy. This looks like a skid/tractor place only?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Did you ask the client where he thinks the snow should go?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe a snow blower and put it on the roofs?

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thats a tough one. even if theres a spot to put it, theres still a lot of twists and turns to get it there...i think i would pass on that one

5. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I saw route 38 in your pic and thought you were in IL until I read your tag of NJ.

That's a tough location. I am assuming there is fencing along the entire property. The front does not look like it has a fence. So, that's where the snow will go. You'll probably have a truck push the snow to the ends of the isle and a bobcat/loader take the snow forward. You could probably do it with two trucks. However, after a few storms you';; need to push the piles way back.

Good luck --- use lots of ice melting salt :salute:

6. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

I've done mini storages in the past and don't have any interest in doing anymore. I would use two trucks to push snow down straight aways then use loader to make all the twists. Even with light snow falls you would still probably need to dump snow over the fence.

7. gkm

gkm Senior Member

maybe a large blower for the truck or bob cat?:cool:

8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would turn it down

9. gkm

gkm Senior Member

after looking at it again gv is right (again) put it on the roofs

10. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Lack of forsite combined with a little greed makes a bad combination. Could they have possibly squeezed in one more building? Price would have to be pretty high for me to take that as well. Is that skinny building really storage? I hope you don't get more than 2-4 inches down there.

11. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wow !

payupjust like gkm said truck mounted snow blower ,either blow through the tree's or if they can cut access to the trees to blow or dump snow ,if the owner of the field will allow it .

12. elite1msmith

from chicago

i think youd be asking for problems,

at the very least a skid with a pusher/boxed plow - and it would be plowed every 2 inches , no more than that , more like every inch

your going to need to carry the snow around each building and relocate it

13. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Luckily you don't get any "real" snow fall totals. You would then have a serious problem placing the snow.

14. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i would give them three options.

option one. i plow from that center wall out down each lane. if the snow piles at the ends gets to be too much they nolonger get to drive around every building. the parking lot and entrance gets pushed directly across onto the grass. this is the cheapest option.

option two. all the snow is plowed from the property edges down the lanes toward the center wall. Even backdrag, use a skid to get the snow out of the corners. then up the center wall and onto the grass directly above the wall. The little shrubs will die. we will be driving over them to push snow onto the lawn. the parking lot and entrance is still plowed directly acrossed onto the grass.

option three. we put it all in a pile and haul it away.this is the most expensive option.

i think the lot can be done i would just make sure the money they are willing to pay equals the level of expectations they have. It is a pita lot you could spend hours there if the customer has high expectations..

15. elite1msmith

from chicago

i dont think thats a "center wall" its more smaller storage units, ?

16. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I just drew so what you think.

I say very hard. I say not worth until he pay you much like $150 per hour for this.

qqibuwxd0vsw7q7lb7uq.jpg

17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Carry it out to the Front and pile it in a big pile LOL

18. elite1msmith

from chicago

Nice pick Mil , but way not enough room, the way those isels are set up there is gonna be major drifting, and way more room will be needed

what was done in the past? did you ask the guy , is this a new building set up?

19. elite1msmith

from chicago

thats about all you could really do with out hauling it off

think abou the time that would take...... 8 hours maybe....

20. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I say this person who design this never live in winter. I say it pita to do this.

My friend have storage lot here pic [​IMG]