1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to push for residentials

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by farmerkev, Jan 14, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I have been looking at summer lawn jobs I have, and hope to soon be plowing for, but I am wondering, most have little room to put snow, where do most of you pile the snow, I have a guy who uses his atv for the heavier snows, he usually pushes it across the street over the curb, is this a common practice?

2. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Unfortunately yes it is common, unprofessional, and illegal almost everywhere.

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

all u can do if its straight is pull it back and push it off to the side. theres not much eles u can do u get real limitted

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It is against the lawn in most all areas to push snow on someone else's property, much less the curb. In times of very heavy snow, I have pushed across the street. Otherwise I back drag from the garage enough for the truck, back in and push it to the apron, swing the truck and push it on the treelawn. Just keep in mind when you stack that pile at the end of a drive they are driving a car and not a fullsize truck. So if the pile gets big, try and knock it over. Dont want your pile to cause an accident:nono:

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Last year was the first time in 15 years of plowing that the cops were called because I put snow in some guys yard so he called and the cops laugh at him and he said if I would have asked him he would have never called them They never said it was illegal to push it in his yard just across the street.

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

something i make sure of too is how high the piles are at the end of the drive by the road. good post.

and driveways are a pita.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

In addition to not blocking line of sight, plan your piles with drainage in mind. As the piles melt, it shouldn't run across the driveway (because of refreeze) or into a building (weakens the foundation and/or gets into the structure). Take advantage of any depressions to channel water.