1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to purchase plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kefergus, Dec 23, 2003.

1. kefergus

kefergus Junior Member

I am considering purchasing a plow to fit a 1986 half ton Suburban. What are some of the things to look for in a plow and what other necessary equipment is necessary to start a plowing business? All ideas/suggestions appreciated.
  2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

your gonna want a 7.5ft snowplow. you should look into meyer and sno-way snowplows. you will need a caution light or strobe lights while plowing. also you must get insurance. be sure to make contractes for all of your accounts:)
  3. North Country

North Country Senior Member

It's time to use the old Search feature , it is a valuable tool, almost any question has already been answered. There is so much good info to digest here before you would ever have to type a letter.

One of our guys is running a Suburban - Primer black; and it is unstoppable! Very tank like.... Have fun and welcome! - michael

I was going to send you to the FAQ section but it's GONE!

But I used the SEARCH and found out why; so once again Good Luck!
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Look at all the plows.
    Determine what kind of plowing you will be doing. driveways,parking lots etc.
    Suburban can handle a big plow. Like a Blizzard 810
    Don.t listen to biased owners.
    Decide for yourself.
    A lot of companys make good reliable plows.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

CPW has good deals on snowplows