1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount toggle controls

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cudabob, Dec 25, 2015.

1. cudabob

cudabob Junior Member

Hi I am trying to find a good spot to mount the older meyers toggle switches on a 2001 Ford 350. anyone have any pictures as to how they did it? Thanks in advance. Bob

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

some place comfortable to be used and not damaged accidentally

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Just to the right of the key on dash there is a flat area. Ya gotta remove he dash panel to mount them. Is not hard to do.
    Why don't ya just get a touch pad

4. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

mount

here's a link to an earlier thread. You would need to make a plate or box to put them in, then use something like one of these.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=159964

:mechanic:

5. cudabob

cudabob Junior Member

Probably get a touch pad next season. I do not plow commercially anymore

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you have a manual trans, mounting the switches on the stick under the shift knob is a really good place. this way you never have to let go of the shifter or steering wheel.
    on my 89 i used a hose clamp through the modified bracket to hold it tight to the shifter.

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I made another switch plate since this pic was taken for more lights and such but still have this home made console and plow control set up. This control a modified fenner pump.

[​IMG]

You can see how I made the bracket in this vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6iwylroXA

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015