1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount stuff...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sailinstud420, Oct 16, 2007.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 Junior Member

Where do you guys like to mount up the required parts for a boss v? I have an '04 duramax and it doesn't have much room under the hood. Is there any benefits to putting the solenoid inside the cab?
  2. plow parts

We havent graduated to a V plow yet but we are looking for one for a ford one ton.

As far as wiring goes, I think you can locate most things in the cab if you protect the
    terminals from shorts, have a good ground, use big enough wire to compensate
    for the length ( the longer -- the bigger). And, I have always considered using
    fuses in-line when I run anything thru the firewall because if it can short-- it will get
    hot = big trouble.

I am struggling with a place for a second battery and faced with the same issue.
    I have to study what we can move and remove.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I would not put it in the cab.
    The solenoid handles all the power your plow needs you want those runs to be as short as possible.
    It will be noise also.

There is a lot of room under the hood to put every thing.
    PS. there is just as much stuff for a srt8.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can get a second Battery tray from your dealer that will bolt right in using existing holes. I believe in the chevs it replaces a brace.
    Ask for a battery tray for a diesel the one for the "R" right side.
  5. battery

This is a Bronco and didnt have the Diesel option that I am aware of.
    The 92 wasnt easy but the air pump stuff was smaller than in the 95

I just havent studied the problem long enough yet. Still taking care of the
    plow mount change over.
    Taking the old one off and sand blasting and rustopaint job. Plow guys will
    bolt it on and then I will start the wiring.
    Did find a new trans temp guage/sender for $60 and probably wont mess with
    the old one.

Ordering the 16 rims and Coopers tomorrow.
    Strobes, backup lights and the list goes on.

If I could just get the weather channel,..
  6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

battery tray

If memory serves me right, the Bronco front clip (fenders, hood, rad support, etc.) are the same as the F-series from that era. Just go to the junkie, dealer or LMC Truck and get the 2nd battery tray from a f-250 or f-350 diesel. It should bolt right up. Happy hunting!!

P.S. - Sorry for the thread-jacking!!!!