1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to mount stobes in 16 k2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by boso_36, Sep 4, 2006.

1. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

where to mount stobes in 06 k2500hd

I just bought a 06 k2500HD. I am going to mount strobes in front and rear. Where is the best place to mount in the front?and what are the best kind? thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Boso 36
    There are several of us on this site that have done the install on our own trucks. The way I did mine is I drilled a hole on the inboard side of the headlight housing, it is two layers thick so the first hole needs to be larger than the size of the strobe head. The second hole should be the size if the strobe head 1 inch I think but Im not sure on that. In the taillights I drilled two holes on each side for a total of 6 heads on my truck 4 in the rear 2 in the front.
    The taillights were drilled in the brake light and turn signal part of the housing, there is very little room in the backup light part of the housing but there are some on this site who have drilled there. You need to make sure you have 1 inch clearance from the outer part of the lense's or it will melt it. Also make sure you don't drill where the strobe head will hit the taillight bulb. The other thing you will need to do is take a die grinder and cut the end of the bolt of the tailgate strap, otherwise the end of the bolt will hit the strobe head and the taillight will not go back in. I have some pictures somewhere will try to post them later. I mounted my power supply under my rear seat and you have to run BOTH THE POWER FEED AND GROUND ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BATTERY. If you don't it will not work. I also made a switch plate and mounted my switchs in the overhead consul.

Good Luck Mike

3. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

clear or amber stobes in front lights

did you put clear or amber strobes for your front lights

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Im interested as well. And I'd like to see pics. What kind of price are we talkin? roughly.

5. flykelley

Boso and Jeff
    I used amber in the headlights and clear in the taillights. Do a serch for a thread by flykelley called (05 strobe install is done) I just went through that thread again and there is alot of great info about doing your install. I couldn't see the pictures though so I will try to repost them, sometimes the site will not let you repost the same picture's. If they don't I will take some new pictures later today and post them for you.

Good Luck Mike

6. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

pics

thanks for the info.....would love to see pic of where u mounted the strobes in the headlights

7. flykelley

Here you go these are in my 05 2500 HD

Regards Mike

strobe in headlights 05 resized 1.jpg

strobe in headlights 05 resized2.jpg