1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where To Mount New Boss Joystick Control In My F-350

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Snow Boss, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Snow Boss

Snow Boss Junior Member

I just bought a new Boss 8'6" steel straight blade ($4,371.00 out the door) for my F-350 PS Crew Cab with bucket seats and center console. I chose the joystick control as I thought it was faster and easier to operate. My dealer left it unmounted (This was his first install as a new dealer) and said figure out were you want it and bring it back. I would like to keep it on my right hand control side. Suggestions or photos of were you have yours mounted / how did you mount yours.
    Thanks,
    Snow Boss
    P.S. They don't have my head lights aimed correctly, if the plow is all the way up they shine right into the back of the blade. Which holes should the light bar frame be bolted into for a Ford F-350. The whole light bar seems too low to me Help!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I just had a new boss installed in my '05 as well, and would also like to see where others have installed their joystick controllers. The dealer installed mine so that it hung out over the front of the center console, but it took me all of the 10 minute drive home to realize that I didn't like it there. Was in the way of reaching for the gear selector. I'm thinking I would like to mount it so that the stick is right in front of the center seat towards the drivers side.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Even though i prefer the joystick over the handheld, i have to admit they are too bulky and odd. Im trying to figure out if i can hardwire a fisher joystick into the boss wiring.

4. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

I dont have any pics but what we would do is make a metal bracket that screwed to the floor. Then weld like 1 inch tube steel to another bracket to where you want it. Get it all done then get it powder coated to match truck. Best way to go and is always removable with out leaving holes in the dash or some where else.

5. crazyrick

crazyrick Junior Member

left handed joystick mount

I mounted my joystick on the left on a 4"steel strap slid over the lower dash mounts next to the door. It swings over next to the wheel so I don't bump it, and it's easy to find when I need it. My old boss suggested the left mount to keep the right hand free for the shift; I also learned to like it because my coffee is under my right hand:)

Have fun.

6. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

just bought a new Boss 8'6" steel straight blade ($4,371.00 out the door) for my F-350 PS Crew Cab with bucket seats and center console. I chose the joystick control as I thought it was faster and easier to operate. My dealer left it unmounted (This was his first install as a new dealer)

We as a dealer never mount any of the controllers. Being strictly a matter of personal preference, no matter where we put it, most people would want it someplace different. We fabricated a stand to support the one on our own vehicle, but its also a dedicated plow vehicle and we didn't care that the control wouldn't be readily removable. The vast majority of our customers just stuff the controller between their leg and armrest.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma

7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Ive always used a touch pad control and have a velcro strap I put around my right thigh and some velcro on the back of the controller. I dont have a boss or a joystick but its nice having it in that position so I just have my arm on the console and saves on fatigue.

Frankly the coolest joystick I ever saw was mounted on the left door panel near the window controls etc....takes some modifying but that was pretty sweet.

Saw it here too,....a year ago or so.

8. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I had mine mounted on drivers door they have a bracket that works well. inside the door in front of window that way you can sit your elbow on door rest and work plow with left hand. here is 2 pics I just ran out side 9:00 pm and took these not the best pic but will show what im saying. the 1 pic shows how it mounts
    Mike

bossc1.JPG

bossc2.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  9. Snow Boss

Snow Boss Junior Member

I have decided to return the Joystick controller and exchange it for the the handheld Smartcontrol2 that comes stock with the plow.
    Thanks for all your help,
    Snow Boss

10. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I was hoping you would check my pics.
    Mike