1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where To Mount My New Brake Controller??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by SpruceLandscape, Sep 8, 2007.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Hey everyone, I did a search and couldn't find any threads on this yet, so here goes... lol

I just bought a new Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller, and while the wiring and harness where as easy to put together as I could have asked for, I am finding it difficult to mount the controller where it will be easily accessible. I am not one for cutting into the dash or console, but it appears that I will have to so that its a clean looking install. If anyone has mounted a controller in a late model ram (04 or later) and has some pics that would be great! I am considering mounting it into a panel that LOOKS like it will snap out so that I can recess the controller into the dash somewhat, but still have access to the controlls and be able to remove it when not in use. I'll post pics of this panel as soon as I get a chance and maybe some of you can confirm if this will be a decent place or not. Thanks In Advance....
    Chuck (I will be posting a thread like this in Lawnsite as well in case any of you are on there)

2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

mine is mounted right above my right leg on the lower part of the dash it is just screwed in with 2 screws.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have the same controller.
    I have it mounted over my right leg and right below the hood release lever .

There were holes allready there from the factory and the wiring harness\plug for the controller are right there also.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Here you go sir.

pic 1 001.jpg

pic 1 002.jpg

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

correction, It has been pointed out be a plowsite member that I do not know my right from my left.:eek: ;) Thanks:waving:

It should read- I have it mounted over my (LEFTleg and right below the hood release lever.

7. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

What's that Chevy guy doing at the Dodge site

I've just posted my mounting soloution - go and check it out (dodge discussion)

8. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

dodge doesn't leave much, if any, room for putting things into the dash.
    And, you will find that almost, if not all, panels use each other for mounting.
    I had to take off four panels before i could get the instrument panel off.