1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to mount mold boards?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lexus1399, Feb 9, 2014.

1. lexus1399

lexus1399 Junior Member

hi I have a 9 foot diamond plow I went out and bought the rubber mold board kit because I was tired of snow hitting the windshield when plowing the roads...my problem is I'm unsure where to mount it in the picture I included you will see its a nice flat angle so im unsure to mount it on top then the rubber will naturally fold over a bit or mount on the side and let it hang down im just concerned that if I do it on the side and let it hang down it will block most of the plow please help and post picture or videos it you have experienced the same problem thank you

plow 2.jpg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Everyone I have seen is mounted to the top flat surface.

3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

If it were mine I would mount it to the front edge and let it hang down. The snow rolling off the moldboard will push it up and forward.

4. myzx6

myzx6 Member

Mount it to the top. If you go to push a big pile with it mounted to the front edge then the snow will just push the deflector up against the moldboard and you will get snow all over your windshield, like u are dealing with currently. I have a deflector on my fisher mounted on the top edge and the force of the wind/snow forces it upwards. Just got 12.5" the other day and absolutely no snow on my windshield.

5. lexus1399

lexus1399 Junior Member

do you have a picture?

6. myzx6

myzx6 Member

I can't post a pic with my phone I guess, I can email or text them to you

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

That plow bends further forward than most. The correct angle to mount the snow deflector is about half way between those two visible surfaces.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

whats on the backside? how the moldboard does 2 90 degree bends when its at the top, is it just a flat piece?

9. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Just go straight down with it i put it the other way on a fisher and hated it