1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount lights on spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DaySpring Services, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I know this should probably go in the ice forum, but Im in the middle of this project and figured it get answered faster here. Im going to mount some lights on my boss spreader so I can see how much is being applied. My question is where should I mount them? right now I have 2 lights but can pick up another set needed. I can put them in location 1 which would point right at the sides, or location 2 which is a 45 degree angle which would cover some of the side and back.

DSC00044.JPG

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Actually, the ones you have should work well enough. Also, are those Boss spreaders suppose to be mounted that low to the ground? Seems awful low, might be just me though.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The lights that are on already are hooked up to the reverse lights so they really wont help. I dont really want to change that as my truck is also a daily driver and I like them like that. As for the spreader being low, it's just an optical from the pic.

5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

put them on 1 and 2 grab a tractor light from a auto parts store and tie them together and plug it into your trailer plug works great for me .... goin to get some pics soon

6. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

heres the pics of the light

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 004.jpg