1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount light switch???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by XtremeVman, Jan 23, 2007.

1. XtremeVman

XtremeVman Junior Member

I just installed 2 quad flash strobes on my backrack and was wondering where everyone else mounts their light switches? The Dodges don't really have alot of suitable places to mount accessory switches, being that 3/4 and 1 tons are primarily work trucks that is something that should be incorporated into the interior. Anyways, just wondering where you guys mount your switches, and if you could post pics please.
  2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I'm not sure what year your truck is, but on mine there is a small removable plastic panel near your left knee that looks like its for putting in a switch. I mounted my switches near the instrument panel just left of the steering wheel above where my headlight controls are. There is a little shelf kinda and I just use two sided foam adhessive on the back of a rocker switch, running the wires between the plastic panels. Not the cleanest install, but keeps everything out of the way and doesn't involve cutting anything either.