1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount joystick in F-250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 02powerstroke, Nov 22, 2008.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking for some ways to mount a western/fisher style joystick in my F-250 with out it looking extremely ugly or being in the way. Can you guys post some pictures of what you have done.

2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Stroke, get the FishStik. It will be nice for the small privates you do. I wouldnt use a joystick if my life depended on it.

3. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I agree with this chump. FishStik is the only way to go

4. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i have the joystick...and i got one of those adjustable mounts....it mounts to the tranny hump and is a long felxible tube...(bunch of links and joints) that way i can bend and tweak it till i like it which is right next to the center column by my leg so i can rest my hand on the counsel. but when im not needing it i just bend it up closer to the dash and out of the way...also i think its magnetic so in the off season just unhook the wireing and pull the mount off....

5. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I use a joystick, and in years past I've mounted it to the left of the radio.
    This year though I'm designing a center console for myself, and will have a spot in it to have the controller slide in.

6. 02powerstroke

I'm on for the town doing roads. but yeah I really want a fishstik I just put my joystick on craigslist its new in the box with all the brackets its a western kit. I just found the same thing on ebay for 180.

7. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

All depends on what you get used to...
    we have ours mounted on the left side of the wheel under the directional in every truck, I have no reason to have a fish stick, I have enough loose items in my truck, I like thing mounted on the dash, joystick, spreader control, phone, pda. This way nothing falls on the floor, and everything is where it is supposed to be... JMHO

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

My truck I had the Fishstik and really loved it. The truck I'm driving this winter has the same setup as PG, joystick mounted left under directional. now it might be i'm just not used to it but I have to think which way to press (the whole right hand left hand thing) and I have to take my hand off the wheel to do it. I always drive with my left hand (from my stickshift days) and plow with my right so this is quite annoying to me. the other thing I don't like about it is the on/off, I liked the slow stop of the fishstick. I also think the fishstick mounted on the dash looks good then when needed you just take it off the holder and use it, usually its on my lap.

9. 02powerstroke

I was thinking about mounting it to the left of the wheel because I drive with my right hand and I like being able to lift and control the plow while shifting the truck but when I ran my dads truck i used to jam the fishstick in between the seat so it was just to my right...I also liked being able to unplug it and stow it away

10. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I finally got mine re-installed after replacing the broken switch. I made this mount out of thin aluminum diamond plate, it's not too pretty but it keeps everything close and out of the way. I'm hoping to make another (nicer) one out of some stainless sheet i have kicking around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]