1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

where to mount hideaways?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Sep 5, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

95 Chevy 1500 w/Boss blade, where should I mount 4 clear strobe's?(tail/back-up) (Head light/parking light)? also what is a decent fair priced hideaway kit, 4-6 strobes?
    Thanks, Yon

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

plus I have on the truck a code3 mx7000, 5 rotater's,take downs,R/L alley's, sweeps & front work lights! so I think I have plenty up top, now I just want some thing bright on the corners. Thanks

3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I was just wondering the same thing. I found this on strobes and more.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-competitor-series-strobe-systems.html

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would go with whelen vertex hide a way LED and then they can be color and not get you in trouble for the clear and they have a super low amp draw seeing how you have that big hog on the roof

5. daplowman

daplowman Member

i had the same truck

the way mine was set up was both front daytime running lamps
    backup lights and brake lights, the turn signal was in between so it gave enough space that they did not blend together.

also on the rear i had them flashing in a criss- cross pattern, right brake left back up would flash and then left brake and right back up. looked really awesome.

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Ok then, to me it sounds like you have 8 strobe's? so if I put 1 in each head light on the truck and not the plow this will not reflect back to me off the back of my plow? this is about my only concern.
    as far as the rear I thought to put them in my back up lights, 2 in the front and possibly the last 2 in my cargo light or is that just a poor idea? maybe I should as you say 2 in my break lights, 2 in my back up lights and 2 up front?
    Sorry for any confusion I may be causing, but once I drill six 1" holes I want them where they will be most visable, and look cool to.....
    Thanks again, Yon

7. daplowman

daplowman Member

Where did you get 8 from, no flash back at all it worked great

8. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

after I reread it I see you only used 6, thats prob. what I'm gonna do, but I would also like to get 2 in my plow lights also, I guess I gotta look for a power supply that will run 8 strobes.

9. daplowman

daplowman Member

In the plow lights to me would be alot more trouble than its worth. Remember you have to worry about the connections from plow to truck, and that in the short run could just be a matter of a wether tight plug, but overtime i see headaches in the future. Good Luck either way.

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

ok, if I was to do that I would use a HD trailer plug, keep it under the hood to protect it, also once I put my blade on I try in keep it on the whole season, so it's still up in the air for now.

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

use weather pack connections for plow mounted strobes.

e-mail me and i can share more info.