1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount Fisher Fish-Stik on '07 LTZ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by xeonpro, Jan 6, 2009.

1. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

Where has anyone mounted their fish-stik plow control on their GMT-900 (new body style) LTZ?
    I havnt found a suitable place out of the way of the shifter.
  2. michdeere

michdeere Member

I had the same problem when I got my '08 Chevy. I went to NAPA and bought a replacement cigarette lighter. I pulled the "guts" out and cut the rubber/plastic handle part off, leaving only the metal portion that goes into the lighter plug. Then I welded the hanger bracket for my controller to the end of the lighter where I'd cut the handle off. I plug this into one of the two "power outlets" on the dash, below the heater controls. Works perfectly, and I didn't have to drill holes in the dash of my new truck. In the Spring, I pull the hanger out and close the flapper/door on the outlet.
  3. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

That sounds sweet! Can you post pics of that?
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Not sure if the center console is the same, but I ran my dash wire up through the center console and brought it out between the floor mounted part and the dash mounted part. When not in use I tuck it into the crack between the 3 cigatreet lighters and the lower console. Pull it out when I need it.

I'll see if I cna find a pic.