1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount Boss joystick

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 03GMC, Jan 15, 2004.

1. 03GMC

03GMC Junior Member
    from Canada

What to know where everyone has mounted their joystick - Pictures please

I have a 2003 GMC 2500 HD Reg Cab

Thanks

2. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

I'd like to know too.

I can not find a place to mount mine either. Right now it sticks out of the over head console.
    If I put it on the dash there will be holes.
    So I would like to see pics too.

3. Sidebuz

Sidebuz Member

That makes three of us. Mine just sits in the cupholder when I'm not using it (Chevy, two cupholders against the center portion of the seat)...

Mine does have sticky tape on the backside of a magnet. But I don't want to see magnet on the dash the rest of the year.

4. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

My joysticks are on top of a mount that bolts to the floor between the cup holder and dash. I also mount a Motorola to the mount as well. I just went out to try and take a picture but even with a flash it's too dark.... I will try again in the daylight and then post.

5. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

I tried using the Q-beam. Still not a good picture but you get the idea.

boss mount.jpg

6. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

This is a mount I made. I used the manget for the handheld to hold it to the mount. Maybe the same setup could be used for the joystick.

hanheld 3.jpg

7. 03GMC

03GMC Junior Member
    from Canada

Good pics. Anymore out pics out there just trying to get some ideas.:drinkup:

8. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

MCA

I like your mount. Can you make me one of those?

9. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

GHOSTRUNNER

email me more info

Thank I'm glad you like the mount. I rest my arm on the the arm rest and use my thumb to push the controls.

10. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

joystick

Best place is on the door. My dealer put the window bracket on my stick and when the window is down it goes in the window jam than put the window up . My arm is on the armrest with hand on stick it's great

Steve

11. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

MCA

MCA I can not email you from here (you have email turned off)
    Try to mail me if you can...
    I really like the mount....I like the idea of useing armrest to rest arm while useing joystick....Perfect place for it!

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

M.C.A. I agree, I have the same controller and am looking for a place to mount in my 250. Nice pic :)

13. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

ghostrunner

I sent a private message because email is blocked