1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount Boss Joy Stick Controller in 01 F250

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shawn_, Jan 9, 2015.

1. shawn_

shawn_ Member

I am looking for ideas where and how to mount a Boss "JOY STICK" controller it's big and heavy, any type of suggestions / pictures of how some of you guys have it done would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have it mounted on the arm rest I have it secured down by Velcro the problem I am having is it has way to much wiggle and play while trying to control the controller.

Thanks in advance
  2. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I would mount it on the dash face. I plan on mounting one on my excursion between head light switch and the steering wheel just about the fuse panel access. I have a stick trans and am used to using my left hand to control plow from my old meyers with 2 joy sticks, and fisher cables setups with 1 stick etc. If you want your right hand I'd mount it same area but on rt side of steering wheel.
    The Hand held ones seem to not work as well for me when shifting and steering, one extra thing to have in your hands. The old school joystick seems to be the way i want to go. But it is Really big lol. Have to make a decent bracket to keep it sturdy on dash. I'll post pictures of mine.