1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to mount a BOSS Controller?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Apr 11, 2014.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I have gone over to the darkside buying a new 2014 Ram 2500HD.Just wondering how any of our Members here have mounted their Joystick controller or the handheld unit? I don't like using the Handheld loose would like to mount it. I prefer the Joystick so if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.:)

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Handheld tuck it in seat

Hate joysticks lol

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I hear ya hand held su c k

I modified the window/door mount to hook on to the front of the center counsel, held in place using the seat-belt for the center section along with closing the lid on the bracket.

Kind of like muddy water....

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I took the handle off and used Velcro to attach the controller to the armrest just behind the window switches. I run the cord thru the door handle and have the harness end next to the parking brake.

5. peterk800xc

cool idea.

Nice idea. I assume you have the handheld unit and just mount the head part of the controller using velcro. Thanks will look into this idea when my truck gets here.

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I have no idea why y'all stick use joysticks

Its 2014 not 1994.

Lol

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I use the window mount, for both the boss and the back blade. It's comfortable and out of the way, another vote for joysticks, cant stand handhelds.

[​IMG]

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ Exactly why I like the "joy"-stick mounted to the center counsel.

As seen on U-tube with the handheld your holding it the whole time and not once did you grab that coffee cup.

If you put it down it always ends up on the floor, or in the crack between the seats.
    then it gets full of dirt etc etc...
    Your always looking for it if it's not in your hand.
    ;)

and then when you shift you sometimes hit the buttons on the controller...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  10. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I don't have to hold mine, it's Velcroed in place. It's also about 2/3 the size of a pack of cigarretts, not 1/2 a shoe box.

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

When was the last time you saw a hand held controller in a loader,dozer,grader,or backhoe? I thought so.Real controls for serious work at hand.Now to get back to the OP's question,my real controller is mounted in my center console,just like all controls are in big iron.

12. peterk800xc

New 8' BOSS

Thanks for the mounting ideas. I am putting the joystick on a pedestal mount I made up.I will post a pic as soon as I get the plow installed next week.

13. peterk800xc

thanks

Having a new BOSS installed next week and am mounting the joystick on a pedestal mount I made up right in front of the centers console.The top plate is the same size as the bottom of the joystick and I put a HD piece of Velcro on it to also mount my spare hand held controller pad on just in case the joystick fails.

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You hold the coffee in the left hand and turn the wheel with one fingerThumbs Up

15. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Here are a couple of pics of my snowdogg controller. I know you have a boss controller but maybe this will give you an idea. I went to CPW and bought the pedal stool stand for the Meyer or western pistol controller and just simply screwed in the bracket from snowdogg and velcroed it in place. I don't like my controller flying around the cab

image.jpg

16. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

There is a nob I can losing to angle the controller up or down Maybe this is where your boss controller brace ( holder ) can be.

image.jpg

17. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Also the bottom of the pedestal I unscrewed one of my bolts to my seat frame and I had to make the opening slide whole a little bigger

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  18. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Call me weird but I hold the hand held in my right hand while also holding the shifter. Steer with left hand. More efficient for me.

19. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Not weird, I do the same thing with my fisher fishstik controller, steer with my left, shift and control with my right

20. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

ditto I find that the easiest.... can shift truck while moving plow...... thought that was the purpose of a hand held... lol