1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to install iso module on a 2001 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ram_tough2001, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

hey guys... picking up my 2012 fisher 8' hd friday. getting new wiring as well. ive never had the 3 plug setup before. where do you all mount the iso module on your rams?

thanks in advance!

2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Most instals I've seen have been right on top of the Fuse/Relay center on top of the drivers side fender wall.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the spot

4. AugustArborists

AugustArborists Member
    from Wyoming

That's where mine is.

5. ram_tough2001

i dont like that idea. the fuse panel is hard enough to get off already..... maybe ill fab a mount for it.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Whats hard about it? The one right next to the battery is where mine is. I used heavy duty velcro and it holds perfect.

7. ram_tough2001

i have to remove a fuse out of the holder for my trailer wiring to get the cover off. with sausage fingers its pretty hard. whoever installed the brake controller was an idiot. im selling my MM1 in about 3 hours, and im picking up my MM2 thursday morning. CANT WAIT!

8. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

If you're constantly going into that distubution block, you got major problems and I'd worry about that first before taking that truck out to plow. I've had a 97 with a CTD and a 99 with the 5.9 gas in it and never once had to go into the Dist block. My current truck, 05 QCSB with the 5.7, has every single fuse and relay in that Dist block (Where my module has resided on top of since new) has never had a problem wher I've had to get access to the block.....

9. ram_tough2001

I hardly ever go in to the pdc... just a pain in the ass when I have to....

10. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

A friend has an '01 1500 and it's in the same spot the guys above said. It's also in the same spot on our '07 and '11 2500's.