1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where To Install Aux. Switches

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ExecutiveLawns, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Where Do you guys that have auxiliary switches on a 2007-2009 Dodge Ram 2500 install them. I want it to be clean looking(no wires, glue, tape, or gum showing)

I though about installing them in the black panel where the exhaust brake switch is located but can figure out how to remove it?

Any suggestions?
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

on my 07 there was a small panel that pops out. there is only room for 1 toogle but it worked great for me. its under the light switch on the left side.
  3. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Thanks I will have to look at it tomorrow when I get to the office. i dont think there is a panel there on mine. (2009)

WE DO SNOW Junior Member

If yours has the power adj. pedals,try there, that is where I installed mine, works fine.
  5. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Yes it does have the power adjust pedals.

On all of my chevy's we have the Aux light switches up on the ceiling console where the factory aux light switch is at and when we wired in more lights that I wanted on another circuit we installed another switch next to the factory one.

I cant do that on the dodge due to the way the back of that panel is. so I was thinking of putting it in the same panel as the exhaust brake switch and low tire pressure switch.
    However I can not figure out how to get to the back side of that panel, and it doesnt seem to want to pop out of there from the front. I tried taking the panel out below that(cup holders that drop down) and still couldnt gain access to the panel above it.

Any help is appreciated!!
  6. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

I have mounted switches in that panel before and my fading memory thinks that the whole surrounding trim panel has to come of to do it.
  7. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

this is my 07 2500 and the switch's i put in i

8. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I actually just installed two switches into the Exhaust brake trim panel on a 4500. That smaller panel is screwed in from the back of the larger trim panel. It is very easy to access. That large trim panel just pops out, there aren't any screws. I usually start at the top, above the radio. I will try to find some pictures.
  9. DBuilders

DBuilders Junior Member
    from Mass.

Do you have any pictures on how you removed the panel to install extra switches? I know this is an old thread, but if you can help it would be great.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

You have to remove the entire cup holder floor area and work towards the dash. Here is mine after the Snow ex salter install.

11. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

2000 dodge ram 2500 the radio is a custom install for the switches i took the cover of my dash cup holder put a 100 amp fuse box behind it..i bought a replacement cup holder on my seat compartment