1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Where to hook small red wire?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Banksy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Not sure if the make of truck really matters, but where did you guys hook up the little red wire that says to hook to "switched accesory"? It's the little red wire that is up near the joystick plug. It's going on my 04 Dodge. Thanks.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Tie it into the cig lighter power feed wire (which by chance is also red)...just as Dodge recommends.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That sounds good. Thanks a lot.

4. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

is a cig lighter a switched acc....:alien:

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Mine is. For example when I have my DVD player plugged in, it will only charge with the key turned.

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I've heard you can put it in a fuse to but idk if thats a good idea.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the '03-up Dodges it is...like Banksy verified with his DVD player. Dodges way of preventative batt drain with an accessory plugged into the power port.

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

It was my assumption that the wire can be connected to any key on ignition source.

9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Thats what I did. So long as you put it on the accessory end of the fuse and not the source end you're fine.